Our Las Vegas adventure was just amazing! Both CT and I had never been to Nevada or Las Vegas, so it was a whole new world for us! We came outta that city $600 up on the blackjack tables! Also, the "dry" heat was awesome!! We were able to walk in 108' weather for hours on end and not be too bad off. The week before we left, here in KY it was 85' with 70% humidity, and you could not even step outside without sweating.
I'll go ahead and give you the play-by-play of our trip, since I know you're so excited to hear about it!! We definitely will go back again!! I'll upload a few pictures in a separate post.
Saturday
We arrived at around 1:00 and just spent the day exploring the strip and our hotel.
Sunday
Lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, dinner at Wing Lei. Both were excellent! We saw Wayne Brady's show, Making #%it Up, that night. It was funny, except at the end he changed from a comedy show to a concert, where he sang a few songs from his album. Yeah, I didn't know he had an album either.
Monday
Lunch at the Carnegie Deli, dinner at Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay's restaurant. Lunch was so-so, but dinner was AMAZING. CT had the lamb chops, and I had the cornmeal crusted chile relleno and a side of the roasted corn. Oh my freaking gosh!!!!!!! Best meal I've had in a while, hands down.
Tuesday
Lunch at Sugar and Ice in the Wynn. It was delicious. They have a great patio that overlooks the waterfall. Yeah, you read that right. Waterfall, in the middle of the desert. Gotta love Las Vegas. For dinner, we at at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House in the MGM Grand, before we saw David Copperfield. I had a great risotto with roasted vegetables at Emeril's. Usually risotto is very creamy, but this wasn't really all that creamy, just a great savory dish. After dinner, David Copperfield made a car, duck and rose appear out of thin air. All in all, a great evening.
Wednesday
In the morning, we hit the premium outlets and spent a paycheck or two. But it was totally worth it! We got some steals!! At least that's what I keep telling myself. Lunch that day was at Postrio, Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in The Venetian. We sat on the "patio", which was just seating outside the restaurant, but inside The Venetian, overlooking St. Mark’s Square in the Grand Canal Shoppes. Dinner that night was at Olives, inside The Bellagio, and it was fantastic! I had a really interesting ravioli stuffed with peas. The best part about this resturant is that it overlooks the fountains, so we got to see those go off every 15 minutes!
Thursday
Boo, time to go home! We hung out at the hotel until it was time to leave for our flight back to Kentucky. We left Las Vegas at 5:00 and got to Louisville at midnight. Luckily, we had a long weekend to recover from our Vegas adventure.
Anybody want to go with us next time?!?! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment